This post was most recently updated on January 26th, 2018
Government has launched its e-Marketplace Portal – GEM
Recently one of my friends asked me about GEM. What are the functions and how it works? So, I go in deep and thought let me create an article about GEM, because there may lots of people, who either don’t know about it or want to know more.
So, if you are one of them, then read on :
The government has launched its e-Marketplace Portal – GEM (Government’s e-Market). The small trader can easily sell their products. The merchants will have to keep their luggage quantity, Quality and Rate in front of the government.
GEM is a government online market place with a number of registered government customers in the all over the maximum online access and highest reliability. Gem will take your products to various government buyers without any market effort.
Benefits of GEM
- Any government’s or Non-government’s entities that had to be tendered to merchants do not require that process.
- The normal man can buy cheap goods easily from the portal.
Procedure for registration on GEM?
– Fill all required details & follow given instructions.
– Register yourself on the Gem portal for sale.
– List your product under the specific product category.
– When receiving orders, the seller must send the product consignee on the portal, giving them proper details.
– After successfully send the order, GEM will help you to make your payment squarely.
For GEM registrations, traders will go into a very easy process. For that you will need some necessary documents-
- GSTIN Number
- PAN Number
- Bank Account Number
- Aadhaar Number
Facilities & Features
- Direct access to all government departments.
- Place a one stop market with minimal market efforts.
- No need to see tenders for different government departments. After you submit your product, government departments will offer themselves.
- Exemption from registration of the product. No race for registration of products and models.
- Guarantee/reimbursement Accept products on warranty and generally exempt from regular transmission inspection, investigation and evaluation procedures.
- Freedom from fixed specifications, no need to adapt to the given specifications. Sell your product with all the attributes you have defined. Update and upgrade your products to earliest and as often as necessary.
- Dynamic Pricing – Prices can be changed based on market conditions – no fixed price for the whole year – no fear of fluctuating raw material prices or exchange rate changes.
- Dynamic product inventories – model upgrades/models No need for part-race changes. List and sell your latest products, based on the features and your competitive prices.
- Get the full details of all government requirements through annual purchase plan.
- Payment guaranteed by time.
- Consistent and consistent purchasing procedures and contract terms and conditions.
*You can sell both, products and services on GEM
Advantages for Buyers
- Offers rich listing of products for individual categories of Goods/Services
- Makes available in search, compare, select and buy facility
- Enables buying of Goods and Services online as and when required.
- Provides transparency and ease of buying
- Ensures continuous vendor rating system
- Up-to-date user-friendly dashboard for buying, monitoring supplies and payments
- Provision of easy return policy
- Search with option to provide multiple consignee locations and quantity after authentication
- Order Process redesigned for ease of use
- Provision to generate multiple bills for one single order
- Multiple CRAC to be generated on the basis of the invoice generated for one order
- Bunching for products is available for Biding New
Advantages for Sellers
- Direct access to all Government departments.
- One-stop shop for marketing with minimal efforts
- One-stop shop for bids / reverse auction on products / services
- New Product suggestion facility available to Sellers
- Dynamic pricing: Price can be changed based on market conditions
- Seller friendly dashboard for selling, and monitoring of supplies and payments
- Consistent and uniform purchase procedures across the GEM portal
- Multiple consignee locations are enabled with or without variation
- Multiple Invoices for one order
- Ensures continuous vendor assessment system New
For check on official website of GEM : https://gem.gov.in